Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Saying Goodbye to Fondant

I need to quit Fondant. I know I've said it many times before, but we are not good for each other. Sure on a cute little cupcake, nothing of real substance or weight Fondant is great, but once you add a little pound cake, or frosting the party is over and Fondant cracks. I have said I am leaving Fondant behind and sticking to my true love Buttercream...ah! but alas, I continue to try Fondant again and again only to have my heart broken after spending hour upon hour with it. So there, I have publicly said it, I am out, no more. Today I met Fondant's cousin; I thought things would be different. It was more like a modeling chocolate and was fairly easy to make, I thought we could go the distance, until the final assembly and then it too cracked under the pressure. I was hoping that this time would be different and that I could mend what was broken, but it wasn’t meant to be. Don’t get me wrong, this new guy was delicious. Too delicious & I indulged much more than I should have, but Fondant, I need to quit you. You are frustrating to me and I’m afraid no professional counseling can make me feel the way I thought I once felt about you. My true love is buttercream, I realize now it always was. Goodbye cruel Fondant. Hello Butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment